Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Costs...literally

There are many costs to losing weight, such as time and effort. However, what many don't have a knowledge of is the literal monetary costs behind losing weight. No, I'm not referring to weight loss plans or dietary supplements with a 'virtual' trainer and meals delivered via US Mail.  I'm talking about your closet! From pants and shirts to belts and coats. As anyone understands, when you lose weigh, you lose size as well. A decrease in your shoulder broadness, waist size, inseam, chest size, and maybe even show size.

For those who don't set a goal of a target weight and just want to shed some pounds in general, this is where it'll hit you hard the most. In my case, I wanted to just lose weight and I realized my target weight would be reached whenever I feel happy in my body. This is where the $$$ cost plays a part. Once your XXL shirt and 42 pants are too big, you'll go out and buy new, smaller sizes. Then in a months time those clothes you just bought are too big forcing you to go out once more. Before you know it, two months later and your clothes from your second round of shopping are too big... AGAIN! That is the problem. Once you got down to a weight that your comfortable with you need to buy new clothes. However, you're so stuck I that healthy routine of yours that you can't help but lose more weight because = by now - it's easier for you and has become a part of your routine.

I need more than two hands to count every time I needed to go buy smaller jeans or shirts. When I got down to 200 pounds I figured I would be plateauing there because it looked good on me. Before I knew it, only three weeks after doing another round of shopping, I was down to 185 pounds and that makes a huge difference in one's physical structure. Many people are surprised when I tell them how much money it costs to lose weight naturally with no online or TV-advertised diet/working out plan. Many overlook this aspect of it because they never expect it to be a problem. Trust me, I never expected clothes would be a huge problem until I needed textbooks for school and looked at my checking account balance.

My tip: Everyone is going to go through this. Even during the process of it all you'll need clothes to fit while you're transitioning. Stay away from the mall, outlets, and other name brand stores and head to discount clothing stores with just as good quality. Burlington Coat Factory, Ma
rshalls, TJ Maxx, Goodwill, Salvation Army.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gym Routine

Losing weight is a two-way street. You can only eat so healthy until you need to step foot into a gym, even if it is just walking on the...